History of Downtown Sebring
Sebring was founded in 1912. It was named after George Sebring, a pottery manufacturer from Ohio who developed the city. The village of Sebring, Ohio is also named for George E. Sebring (1859-1927) and his family. It was chartered by the state of Florida in 1913, and was selected as the county seat of Highlands County when the county was created in 1921.
- – Total 11.01 sq mi (28.5 km2)
- – Land 5.13 sq mi (13.3 km2)
- – Water 5.88 sq mi (15.2 km2) 53.4%