Community Redevelopment Agency
About the CRA
The mission of the CRA is to bring about the economic revitalization of an established target area. To create a re-investment environment that attracts private investors into the area. To promote improvements within the redevelopment area through renovation and restoration of buildings, as well as to encourage new construction. To acquire the funding necessary to make the infrastructure improvements necessary to attract investment dollars and improve the assessed taxable value of district properties. To assist the Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Merchants in their efforts to market the downtown businesses.
Major Projects: Total Budget 18.4 Million
- Circle Streetscape Project 1985 – $124,000 Local Funds
- Streetscape Phase I, 1987 – $575,000 CDBG funds
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1987 – $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Streetscape Phase II, 1989- $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1989 – $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Streetscape Phase III, 1991 – $600,000 CDBG Funds
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1991 – $600,000 CDBG Funds
- Streetscape Phase IV, 1993 – $750,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1992 – $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Economic Development Grant, Albertsons 1994$750,000 CDBG and $106,000 from Albertsons for road and drainage.
- Streetscape Phase V , 1995 – $950,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Streetscape Phase VI, 1999 – $700,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Streetscape Phase VII, 2002 – $800,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Economic Development Grant, Holiday Inn Express, 2003 – $750,000 for road improvements and extension of water and sewer.
- Economic Development Grant, Amerikan Manufacturing Plant, 2004 – $750,000 for road improvements and extension of water and sewer.
- OTTED Transportation Grant, 2005 – Construction of a rail spur to the Amerikan Plant, $300,000.
- HUD Section 108 Loan guarantee approval for the restoration of the Harder Hall Hotel, 2005 in the amount of $5,250,000.
- HUD Economic Development Initiative Grant , 2005 in the amount of $1,000,000.
- Economic Development Grant for ZMC Hotels construction of a Marriott Residence Inn, 2005 in the amount of $750,000 for road improvements and extension of sewer.
- Streetscape Phase VIII, 2006 – $1,357,000 from CDBG, City, FDOT and CRA contributions.
The CRA has also been responsible for the acquisition and project management of $1,200,000 in Florida Recreational Development Grants provided by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. The low interest loan pool has generated reinvestment in the amount of nearly $5 Million since 1986.
Board of Commissioners
Chair – 4 yr. term: Oct. 1, 2015 to Sept. 30, 2019
Vice Chair – 4 yr. term: Oct. 1, 2016 to Sept. 30, 2020
4 yr term Oct 1, 2014 to Sept. 30, 2018
4 yr. term Oct.1, 2016 to Sept. 30, 2020
4 yr term: Dec. 1, 2017 to Sept. 30, 2019
4 yr. term: Oct. 1, 2015 to Sept. 30, 2019
City Council Liaison
This list is current as of Nov. 2017
- 2018 Annual Notice of Meetings
- 2018-2019 Budget
- CRA District Map
- Historic District Map
- Sebring Marketing Plan
- CRA Master Plan
- Sebring CRA Architectural Design Standards
- Sebring CRA Finding of Necessity
- CRA Annual Report
- SHPC COA Application
- SHPC COA Review Guideline
- Sebring Local Register Application