Community Redevelopment Agency
About the CRA
The mission of the CRA is to bring about the economic revitalization of an established target area. To create a re-investment environment that attracts private investors into the area. To promote improvements within the redevelopment area through renovation and restoration of buildings, as well as to encourage new construction. To acquire the funding necessary to make the infrastructure improvements necessary to attract investment dollars and improve the assessed taxable value of district properties. To assist the Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Merchants in their efforts to market the downtown businesses. What is a CRA? (PDF)
History of the Sebring CRA (PDF)
Major Projects: Total Budget 18.4 Million
- Circle Streetscape Project 1985 – $124,000 Local Funds
- Streetscape Phase I, 1987 – $575,000 CDBG funds
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1987 – $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Streetscape Phase II, 1989- $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1989 – $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Streetscape Phase III, 1991 – $600,000 CDBG Funds
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1991 – $600,000 CDBG Funds
- Streetscape Phase IV, 1993 – $750,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Housing Rehabilitation Washington Heights, 1992 – $575,000 CDBG Funds
- Economic Development Grant, Albertsons 1994$750,000 CDBG and $106,000 from Albertsons for road and drainage.
- Streetscape Phase V , 1995 – $950,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Streetscape Phase VI, 1999 – $700,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Streetscape Phase VII, 2002 – $800,000 CDBG Funds & Local
- Economic Development Grant, Holiday Inn Express, 2003 – $750,000 for road improvements and extension of water and sewer.
- Economic Development Grant, Amerikan Manufacturing Plant, 2004 – $750,000 for road improvements and extension of water and sewer.
- OTTED Transportation Grant, 2005 – Construction of a rail spur to the Amerikan Plant, $300,000.
- HUD Section 108 Loan guarantee approval for the restoration of the Harder Hall Hotel, 2005 in the amount of $5,250,000.
- HUD Economic Development Initiative Grant , 2005 in the amount of $1,000,000.
- Economic Development Grant for ZMC Hotels construction of a Marriott Residence Inn, 2005 in the amount of $750,000 for road improvements and extension of sewer.
- Streetscape Phase VIII, 2006 – $1,357,000 from CDBG, City, FDOT and CRA contributions.
The CRA has also been responsible for the acquisition and project management of $1,200,000 in Florida Recreational Development Grants provided by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. The low interest loan pool has generated reinvestment in the amount of nearly $5 Million since 1986.
Board of Commissioners
Chair – 4 yr term Oct 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2014
Vice Chair - 4 yr term Oct 1, 2011 to Sept. 30, 2015
4 yr. term Oct.1, 2012 to Sept. 30, 2016
4 yr term Oct. 1, 2012 to Sept. 30, 2016
4 yr term Oct 1, 2009 to Sept. 30, 2013
4 yr term: Oct. 1, 2011 to Sept. 30, 2015
4 yr. term ending Sept. 30, 2015
CITY COUNCIL LIAISON
This list current as of January 3, 2013
Sebring Base Map