SEBRING, Fla. (Nov. 17, 2016) – The Highlands Art League is pleased to host the Fourth Annual Cookiefest on Saturday, Dec. 10 from 10:00 a.m.-Noon at its Visual Art Center (behind the Yellow House Gallery & Gift Shop; 1989 Lakeview Drive, Sebring) located on the shores of Lake Jackson in Downtown Sebring’s Allen Altvater Cultural Center.
Kids of all ages can find their inner pastry chef and artist at Cookiefest where they will decorate cookies with local celebrity Chef Mac Gentlemen, as well as create holiday art with the Highlands Art League. They will also have the opportunity to write letters to Santa. No registration is required. Admission is free thanks to the sponsorships of Homes by Handley and The Palms of Sebring.
For general information about the Highlands Art League or its classes, visit www.HighlandsArtLeague.org or call (863) 385-6682.
- Best in Show ($2,000): Hobby Campbell of Sebring, FL – acrylic painting
- Judge’s Choice ($400): Bottery Art of Ft. Lauderdale, FL – leather goods
- 2D Category: 1st Place ($700): John Cheng of Corum, NY – Drawing & Watercolor; 2nd Place ($400): Anthony Moore of Tampa, FL -2D Graphics; 3rd Place ($200): Jinsheng Song of Fort McCoy, FL – Oil Painting.
- 3D Category: 1st Place ($700): Arthur Mulkey of Sebring, FL – mixed media; 2nd Place ($400): Carl Weeks of Wauchula, FL – wood works; 3rd Place ($200): DG Stern of Orlando, FL – baskets.
- People’s Choice ($100): Cindy Rose of Sebring, FL – photography.
- Emerging Artists: Theo Juliano, a student at Sebring High School (Pottery), and Sonnimar Cabrera, a student at Avon Park High School (Sculpture) were the Emerging Artist winners. Each Emerging Artist won a $500 scholarship courtesy of the Jarrett Family Foundation. The South Florida State College (SFSC) Foundation will match each scholarship with an additional $500 if the student attends SFSC.
The Sebring Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) invites you to Celebrate “Fall For Downtown” in Downtown Sebring during the month of November 2016. Join us as small businesses unite in an effort to create a friendly environment with special offers and activities for all.
Feel free to sign up for our monthly newsletter and get the news sent directly to your email. “Sign Me Up”
Visit our monthly theme promotion page to learn more about events and promotional offers occurring in downtown Sebring throughout the month of November 2016.
OCTOBER 1st: Firematics (9am-6pm) | Oktoberfest (10am-10pm)
Are you ready for Saturday? Come by Downtown Sebring and witness this year’s Firematics where we will have firefighter challenges, firehouse tours, German festivities, beer garden, live music, live burn & vehicle extrication demonstration. That’s not all, Oktoberfest will have a farmer’s market, artwork, craftwork and a kid’s zone with bounce house, face painting and more. For more information call The Sebring Partnership (863) 446-2973. https://www.facebook.com/sebringpartnership/
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: PEDRO L. DOMINGUEZ
(863) 471-5104 / PEDRODOMINGUEZ@MYSEBRING.COM
SEBRING, FLA. (August 15, 2016) – Sebring’s Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) welcomes two new businesses to its CRA district and congratulates another for successfully growing and expanding their property. This is definitely a sign of progress for part of the CRA’s mission to revitalize our local economy.
That said, we extend a warm welcome to “Doggie Stylz” and “Shabby Sheek Plus” as they join the Downtown Sebring family. Doggie Stylz offers the ultimate grooming service, located at 133 East Center Avenue. Here is a fun fact; the owner of Doggie Stylz is Leslie, the former groomer of Dogtown, USA which dog owners love so much.
I’m so excited to be here and all dogs are welcome” – Leslie.
Also located on East Center Avenue, next to Doggie Stylz we have Shabby Sheek Plus, which relocated from Lakeshore Mall a¬¬nd offers top organic skin care, African Herbal products, essential oils, Shea Butter and much more.
“We have plenty of products and promotional discounts, come see us” –Simon Roberson, owner.
That’s not all, we are happy to announce that “Garden Café at McLane’s Country Garden” is expanding their outdoor seating area to accommodate their recent bloom in business.
August is going down as a productive month for Downtown Sebring. Visit downtown Sebring to help support local businesses.
The mission of the CRA is to bring about the economic revitalization of an established target area. To create a re-investment environment that attracts private investors into the area. To promote improvements within the redevelopment area through renovation and restoration of buildings, as well as to encourage new construction. To acquire the funding necessary to make the infrastructure improvements necessary to attract investment dollars and improve the assessed taxable value of district properties and to assist the Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Merchants in their efforts to market the downtown businesses.